Monday, March 12, 2007

Spring Break--Truly needed

It's spring break here in Bloomington.
I needed one for sure.
The grant submission is turned in...truly a colaboarative effort, with 6 of us across two Big Ten campuses. Now, we wait for the scientific peer review...which takes months.

One of the the main professional reasons why I chose to come to IU 3.5 years ago was to have access to the support and expertise necessary to learn how to obtain external support for my research. I've been learning "the drill" slowly...and this is by far the most involved I've ever been in the process. So, that feels good regardless of what the outcome will be. Of course, getting the financial go ahead to pursue research questions that--because it concerns the fMRI facility here at IU--I would not be able to pursue without it, would be even better!

So, now that particular hurdle is out of the way, I've got to use this week to catch up on all the other things that I've been sandbagging while working on the grant proposal. Today I did a scientific peer review of a manuscript for a communication journal. I've been doing projects around the house and spending time with my family.

Tomorrow, I think we're going to the Indianapolis Zoo.

No comments: