Sunday, July 03, 2005

Training Days

I've had to take a few days off, mostly because I've been busy getting ready for my family's annual trip back to Washington State. We're usually gone for about a month--this time it will be 3 weeks. And so, I'm trying to get as much work done in the lab as I can.

But, taking lots of time is a type of formal training that Annie and I have instituted in the lab this summer. Any grad student that is receiving funding from her grants, Annie is requiring to take this training. It's actually a great idea, because that way everyone learns to do things from the same source (Annie and me), rather than learning from other grad students (who in turn learned it from the grads before them. . .who learned it from Annie).

So, we actually developed a syllabus (wait! isn't this summer?!) and have been working twice a week.


This week we focused on attaching electrodes (catchup from last week!), data collection and data cleaning. So, above you've got a shot of SK learning how to attach corrugator electrodes to JA.







The second shot is DD checking the impedence level on one of the EMG measures for AS-J in Lab C.









Finally, here's one of the whole gaggle of them listening in on Annie giving a lesson on something.
I truly don't think they're as bored as they look!

No comments: