Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Book project moving forward

My colleague, Paul Bolls and I have been toying with the idea of writing a book on psychophysiological measures and their implications for mass communications research for a long time now. I mean, a long time. We started talking about doing this almost 5 years ago, I think.

Then, last November we finally came to the realization that trying to write the darn thing long-distance (with him running the PRIME LAB at Missouri School of Journalism) and me here at IU. So, we met half-way in between in a small town called Mt. Vernon Illinois. There we worked for a whole weekend on the outline of the book, addressing the likely audience, the competition, etc. This we submitted to a publisher around the beginning of the year.

Well, a few weeks ago we received a pair of reviews back from the publisher. As always, the reviews were insightful and both recommended that the publisher accept our proposal...after revisions, of course. Unlike many reviews I've received, they never took a nasty turn.

Today, Paul and I talked on the phone about changes we think we'll make in response to the reviewers. Then, next week we'll have a phone call with the Senior Acquisitions Editor at the publisher.

Nice to move this project forward.

No comments: