It is an important day, as we remember the moral necessity of equality.
It is also a day where I'm hoping to be able to catch up on many of the things that fell behind last week because my computer was in the shop. It is amazing to me how much I have truly come to rely on the laptop always being just a few moments away!
We heard yesterday from ICA's Information Systems Division about our latest paper submissions. Six of the Seven papers I was involved with in the division were accepted:
1. Radio Clutter--Double the Units
2. Video and Audio Information Density's Impact on Recognition
3. Video and Audio Information Density's Impact on Secondary Task Reaction Time
4. The interaction of emotional words and emotional context in radio messages
5. Information Density and Structural complexity on attitudes toward Radio PSAs
6. Correlating the information value of words with their physiological enjoyment and arousal
Of course, two of them (#3 & #6) were just extended abstracts--so the data have to still be analyzed! Oh boy, always lots of things to do!