Sunday, August 14, 2005

Can it be over so quickly??

I'm actually working on my syllabi for fall!
Ugh.
Although I'm getting progress made, I actually am in an unusually high state of denial for me.

Today, though, I finished most of the syl for Programming Strategies . Plus, since IU's online course support program, previously known as Oncourse, has been going through updates and improvements--and is now to be known as Oncourse CL (woohoo!)--I have no idea now how to import Websites of interest/importance for my programming students into this semester's version.

So, although I in general have enjoyed or been ambivalent about the changes made during the migration to Oncourse CL, I found this so annoying that I finally realized that I should just put together a permanent link to lists of sites Programming students would find interesting. Then, the more I worked on it, the more it became ones that any student in our Industry and Management sequence would/might like. It was a pain in the neck to complete, and it's graphically extremely plain right now (see for yourself), but hopefully I'll be able to use it as a bare canvas to teach myself Dreamweaver and Flash--which I've been hoping to do.

So, like I said, I'm in denial but still moving forward.

On the social/cultural front--was lucky enough to go see the Smithsonian Jazz Masterworks Orchestra at the IU Musical Arts Center Last Night. Incredible!!

No comments: