Friday, June 01, 2007

ICA=Hooray, San Fran=Yuck

Over the Memorial Day Weekend I hit the road...traveling to San Francisco for the annual conference of the International Communication Association. ICA is, by far, my favorite communication-related academic conference. The research being done is of high quality and that stimulates me to go back to my lab and continue my work. I must say, however, that this year I seemed to be much more focused on re-connecting with friends and former students and meeting new people (including a faculty member from Virginia Tech who told me he is an occassional Audio Prof reader!).


Here are some pictures of a bunch of us out for dinner at a place called Calzone's.


And when I say a bunch, I mean 15!!








Now, San Francisco is not one of my favorite cities. It's ALWAYS COLD THERE and seems pretty dirty and smelly to me. But, here's a few required shots of of a cable car and me riding on it (thanks to Johnny Sparks for letting me borrow the transit pass!)





Now, I look like I gained about 25 pounds by eating at Calzone's prior to taking this ride...
Not so. I just had to have on about 14 layers of clothing...did I mention that it was cold there.
Anyway, back home again in Indiana, and off to teach my summer school class.


3 comments:

IUAngelini said...

Dirty and Smelly?

Ugh! Too bad you missed the charms of a great city.

Anonymous said...

While doing some Friday afternoon browsing of a few of my regular sites, I was chuffed to see a mention in The Audio Prof--I'll be strutting my fame a bit today here in Blacksburg!

Good to have a visit with you in California, and I'll hope to get to talk with you again soon.

Jimmy

Samuel D. Bradley said...

I especially love that there is a clear shot of my plate covered with uneaten tomatoes -- the satan fruit.